Welcome to my Mercy Ship Adventure.
Please feel free to read about my journey and post a comment!

If you have your own web page you can post my Wave of Mercy Sprout on your page too! Just click the share button in the bottom right corner of my sprout. Thanks so much.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Typhoid, Tetanus, and Yellow Fever too!!!

Hello friends,
Just checking in to let everyone know the progress of my trip preparations. I am now completely vaccinated against such things as Yellow Fever, Diphtheria, Pertusis, Menigitis...the list could go on and on :) Thanks to the Interhealth Travel Clinic at Beaumont for their knowledge and skills. I am now able to go almost anywhere in the world for the next ten years! Also this past week I have finalized my itinerary and purchased my plane tickets. So no turning back, which is a good thing because I am only getting more and more excited. The karaoke fundraiser events (one in Clawson and one in Grand Rapids) are also planned.
My thoughts over the past few weeks have been all over the map. I have been anxious, excited, worried, calm - all in a 24hr period. But mostly, I have this immense gratitude for everyone of my community of friends and family that are rallying around me to get me on my way. Also, my thoughts have been on the people of Liberia that I will get to work with. People that have endured years of civil war that has ended only within the past 5 years. People that are survivors on a level that I cannot even comprehend. I consider it a privilege and a gift to be able to serve them. Thank you also for being a part of serving Liberia with me. Jen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

w00t. Can't wait to MC!

Doug

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,

Glad to hear you are all 'shot' up and ready to go. Just think you won't have to do that the next time you go on the Mercy Ship...that is if you head out before 10 years...which you likely could. Look forward to the event...AND I WILL NOT SING! :)
Soon....

V (and Rigel)

Kathy said...

Love you Jenny! I'm so excited to spend time with you before you go!