Welcome to my Mercy Ship Adventure.
Please feel free to read about my journey and post a comment!

If you have your own web page you can post my Wave of Mercy Sprout on your page too! Just click the share button in the bottom right corner of my sprout. Thanks so much.

Friday, June 20, 2008

Mamba Point Hotel

Last Saturday Kat, Wendy, Stephanie, Sam and I went to the nicest hotel in Monrovia - the Mamba Point, for lunch. Wendy's dad is visiting the ship for the next 10 days as a special guest engineer to consult on issues of paint and rust. For a few days Wendy and her dad are going to hopefully stay at the Mamba Point Hotel and they have graciously invited Kat and I. So, we went there for lunch and to try to make a reservation for Wendy. Below are some of the pictures from the balcony where we ate lunch overlooking the ocean.





And just for fun, below is a picture of Kat in a very common African dress. She would kill me if she knew I was posting this on the blog.The dress she is wearing was made at the tailor. Of course we had to add the pillows to her head- as that is a very common thing on the streets of Monrovia. Not to carry pillows on your head, but anything that you are carrying - women will carry it on their heads - baskets, bags, buckets of fruit, etc.

No comments: